Equality Objectives Statement
Chellow Heights is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives 2017 - 2021 are as follows:
- To promote understanding and respect for differences.
- To improve understanding of communication for pupils with different communication needs
- To improve provision for pupils for whom English is an additional language, particularly new arrivals at the early stage of English acquisition
- To provide training for all staff and governors on equality and diversity
- To act as role models for disability through community champion work.
You can download our equality policy from our policies page
Actions to promote Equality 2017-21
- To promote respect through difference through our work in SMSC & RE particularly through different festivals and special celebrations as whole school events (half termly)
- To use communication profiles to identify pupils with different communication needs and support staff to understand and use these systems ( communication team / TLRs)
- To support the growing number of pupils N2E through identifying differences in understanding through home language and English (annual language assessment for N2E pupils)
- Annual training for governors and staff on equality and diversity including updated school profile
- Continue to develop our 'community champions' work through Chellow Beats, Chellow Chicks and to re-establish Sign and Sing community group and our Call and Response Group. Extending this to work with other DAP schools and work working on Year 2 of our Musica Spectacular as a Special Schools joint district community performance over two nights.
click below for