Specialist Areas in the Schools
At Chellow Heights West have a number of specialist rooms to support learning, medical and therapy interventions
Hydrotherapy with interactive light and sound
Interactive Sensory Integration Room with soft play with additional rebound facilities
Rebound therapy room
Light and sound room
- Library with small ICT suite
- Sensory Corridor
Food technology room
- Dual purpose Consultants/Talking Partners Room
- Speech and language room
The hall has sports sprung gymnasium floor, specialist light and sound and blackout facilities to make a large sensory room
- The music and drama room has specialist ICT equipment and blackout facilities to make large sensory rooms
- Cafe/dining space
- Range of quiet breakout/learning spaces
In addition to pupil learning areas we also have a meeting room, a training room and training centre and a parents support room. These rooms are available to hire for small meetings when not in use by the school. Our in house caterers will provide hospitality by arrangement. Please contact the school for more information.
At Chellow Heights South we are continuing to develop the spaces but we have
- A Sensory Integration Room with soft play and integral Rebound
- A light and sound room
- An Early Years Light and Sound Room
- Nurses Room
- Music and Sensory space
- Haven Space
- Food Technology and Inteventions Rm
Specialist External Learning Areas
At Chellow Heights West we have a number of different spaces that we are starting to develop as outside classrooms. These include
- the courtyard which can be used for a whole range of purposes; eating, sitting quietly or as a learning space for individuals, groups and classes.
- the MUPA (multi use play area)
- the outside gardening classroom
- the interactive sensory garden
- Wheelchair swing area
- the quiet back playground which has a water feature and our 12 m diameter story shack
- the maths area front playground with additional interactive road features to help teach roadsafety and bikablity in a safe environment.
- all classes have shared outside space (groundfloor playgrounds, first floor balconies)
- paths and planting areas.
- a wheelchair accessible castle which encorporates a climbing wall, slides and steps to give a fun area for developing physcial skills and will allow wheelchair users to have a higher level view of the world.
All our external play spaces are secure. We will continue to develop these areas over the next few years but external areas include:
- early years playground and grassed area
- KS1 playground
- KS2 playground
- Front Play Area
- Sensory Garden
- Grassed Sports Pitch
- Forest School Area
We are currently developing a pet therapy/small animals space on our school field.
We are currently developing the playgrounds, our sensory garden and the field next to the school.